- Psychologists, psychiatrists, clinical social workers, mental health occupational therapists and general practitioners who have attended both days of the level 1 training.
- At present, the only accepted alternative training to level 1 of the South African DBT Institute is Marsha Linehan’s Behavioral Tech training or the Australian DBT Institute’s Foundations training.
What to expect:
- Day 1 focuses on case formulation using DBT by exploring the 4 stages and targets in DBT, intervention strategies and the integration of the standard DBT components of skills training, phone coaching, consult groups and individual therapy into your practice.
- Day 2 introduces the assessment and management of suicide risk in practice, including crisis management plans and protocols. The last part of day 2 will be spent on adaptations of DBT to different contexts, e.g. inpatients.
Who is it for?
- Psychologists, psychologists, clinical social workers, mental health occupational therapists and general practitioners who have attended both days of the level 1 training.
- Mental health practitioners who wish to implement DBT-informed approaches in their clinical practice.
- Mental health professionals who wish to continue with level 3 training through the South African DBT Institute
What are the costs?
R3500 (early bird)
R4000 (normal cost)
How many CPD points do I get?
7 CPD points have been awarded per day. You will receive 14 points for attending both days.
TBC for 2020